Sunday, April 25, 2010

上智大学 ♠ Clubs & Circles ♠

I've joined Sophia University's musical circle and acapella circle! ♪

How did it happen? Well, they were recruiting members on freshman week and since I'd been eyeing on musical groups, so there I went!


Their clubs/circles recruitment is nothing like Melbourne uni. They don't have their own stalls but just carrying boards and pamphlets (which drawn by themselves) around the uni!

Look at how many papers I've got!! XD

Was so happy coz' I was approached by quite a few clubs and circles =P All of them thought that I was a first year student/Japanese!
Even cheerleading group approched me. MUAHAHA. Does that mean that I am cute and attractive?? XD They don't go to people easily!


What is the difference between a club and a circle?

Club - Very time-consuming and require full commitment from members. Usually practises everyday or at least 5 times per week? (eg. tennis, sports club)

Circle - Usually twice a week. Not as demanding as clubs. =D


Aikido合気道 circle. My friend joined, not me. Was there to watch hot guys. =P


Sophia uni's huge sports field. I don't think I'll ever have a chance to have activities there though. Not a sports person =P


The Sakura street beside in between the sports field and our uni!




♣♣  Masquerade Musical Circle  ♣♣


Our first meeting and workshop! (High school musical)
The people are nice ♥
Kinda disappointed coz there were girls only! Well, technically, only one guy


My group for the first week >v<


And second week (workshop - sister's act 2)! We are getting closer ♥


Had 食べ放題 (tabehoudai - buffet) after workshop! It was SOOOO good~~~ >V<

And most importantly, I didn't have to pay! =D Seniors pay for juniors!


ゆこ、私 、アメリーズ ☺


*Didn't get any pictures of my Acapella group though =P Will get them soon!
Hopefully the circles will become more and more fun!! >v<



3 comments:

Wei Chi said...

hey hey! take more pics of hot guys la! i wna see! XD

did u met any hot guys so far?! chong shi zao lai!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry if this sounds really random. I came by your journal while searching 上智大学 ;) I studied there before and I'm really happy that people are still enjoying their stay at the university. I wished I wrote a journal too to keep some memories.

I remember I was overwhelmed by the number of clubs and circles as well when I first went there. You seem to be interested in musicals. If you have the chance, you should go and watch a performance by Takarazuka Kagekidan (宝塚歌劇団) or Gekidan Shiki (劇団四季). They are the famous musical theater companies in Japan and it's pretty worthwhile to watch, especially if you like musicals ;)

Shermayne C said...

Dear Kun, thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it! I would definitely check out on the musical companies! <3

When did you graduate from Sophia? Were you a regular or exchange student? You are my senpai, haha. ^^