Tuesday, April 6, 2010

♥ ~DK Warabi~ ♥

- 1st April 2010 -

After being so pampered for a week, I was finally moving into DK Warabi! Surprisingly, I wasn't too excited, I was just hoping that I can make good friends and live peacefully for the semester =P
I travelled with Chiharu from Shin-otsu to Nishi-Kawaguchi for about two hours (=_="), with my huge luggage + two big hand-carry bags + a paper bag full of books. Our hands and arms were so numb when we reached the station.
Yi-Ching met up with us and brought us to the dormitory. Seriously I'm so glad that I met her a few days before and she's so nice & willing to help me in almost anything! 

Walked for about 15min. At the first sight, DK Warabi appears to be like a haunted hospital to me. (Opps, picture coming soon)

But the inside isn't too bad ^^ Big common room, Big kitchen although I don't think I'll do much cooking, TV, Study room, Gym area etc.. 

I like my room too~ it's quite spacious and it's the first time that Shermayne has empty drawers in her room!!! Not just one or two but quite a few! Amazing, huh? I'm trying to keep it very clean too ^^ (Just vacuumed my room today, even moved the big cupboard just to clean everything up ♪)

View from my window


Did something quite exciting but bad when I first arrived DK. Secretly changed my curtain with someone's room, not that the original one was ugly, but I just prefer cheerful colour, just like me muahaha... Laughed so hard during the process. Yi-Ching couldn't believe that I did this, "It's such a Shermayne thing to do", she said. Well, I won't tell which room number is it, but I had fun running and laughing that my tummy hurts so bad.


I ♥ my curtain



My door! Decorated it because I don't want it to be plain. I want everything to be cheerful, which will brighten up my day too!




Door handle. People opens this door will enter a crazy world!! HAHA. ("You are crazy~" - Quote from Anna Hidano from 3rd floor)

Oh, I love my kettle & bowls & plates & utensils too!
They are so sweet! Yes? No?

Fridge is always full of sweet, nice desserts. ♥




----------

The Next Day
My first time to上智大学(Jochi Daigaku) aka Sophia University! It's about 1 hour away from where I'm staying now. It's considered quite near if compared to many other people!


Had orientation & briefing for exchange students. I bet most of them are from the U.S. Had not met any Malaysian at the moment. They are very cute & nice though. ^^

Orientation was boring. Was divided into groups and the leader was supposed to show us around I guess, but instead she just brought us to the food canteen. She disappeared until we had finished our food. =o=

We had our Japanese placement test after lunch. The test was FREAKING difficuly. I can't even answer most of the Kanji part. They were either too easy, or too difficult. Was trying out for the intensive course, a professor warned us that intensive course is very demanding and he urged us to take the regular ones. Well, I am here in Japan. Won't gonna have another chance like this so I guess I should grab this opportunity and learn the most out of it.

Had a welcome party after the test. I don't even wanna mention it. Was bored to the max. Food were placed on the table but we stared at them for an hour. They had speeches and performances but I couldn't see or listen well. The crowd was too big and I was just too short for that. =/


Cabut (escape) when we got the chance. Went to Shinjuku! Haha, this is what it should be! Everyone is happy again.


Cleaned my glasses in this free-specs-washing-machine placed beside an optom shop. ^^ nice~








---------

Third day in Dk Warabi (Sat)

It's finally Cherry blossoms season!!! The Sakura Street beside our dorm was so beautiful!!! People were sitting on the mat chatting/eating and enjoying their time. There were lots of stalls for food and games as well!! The atmosphere was awesome ♥

Look! It's my room (Second from the left)! I'm in second floor 238, very lucky number in the chinese culture ^^


花見~ first DK gathering & get to know-s. That's Anna on my left and Mario(!) on my right!


 
After our 花見(Hanami) with everyone from DK, 17 of us set off to Akihabara! Huge group! One was missing from this pic though.


Akihabara, full of electronics & anime stuff. Otaku's heaven.

Saw a few girls dressing as maids on the street. I'll try that one day. Not maids' cafe, but butler's cafe haha~ will be nice ♥

Walked pass this huge 6-7 storeys building which is filled with anime + cosplay goods!
They cracked me up ROFL.

Was definitely a freezing but fun night ♥


*Coping well in DK Warabi & I'm really glad that most people I met are friendly & nice. The dorm reminds me of my boarding house from high school in melbourne. ^^ But this time I'm in the west wing instead of the east =D
Laughed so hard and also walked a lot these few days, hopefully I had burn some calories! XD



Next post - The Penis Festival!!! Woohoo!

7 comments:

Wei Chi said...

wow! the penis festival!XD
i heard from u b4 haha!
cant wait to see the photo LOL!

so fun la u in japan!
im bored here!!!! still job searching T_T

ps i like ur window view ;)

Matthew said...

You know what, I'd like all of your deserts in your fridge xD

gratia said...

i still can't comment so i had to create an account...made a blog, doubt that i'll write in it. yes swapping curtains is very shermayne indeed! Laughed at your irrational desire for warm, cheerful things... AND you stayed at south wing not 'east wing' ok?

Teacher Jude said...

I think I should brush up my Japanese,too. I have forgotten a lot already. Your blog sets a really good picture of what exchange life will be like for me. It's going to be a great experinece in a totally different world..

Unknown said...

Hey Sis! I hope you are not going to fill up your empty drawers too soon! Think about your departure k! Heavy luggages & bags... and I;m sure u are quite capable of doing that & no need to prove to me k!

Reading your blog is so fun! Yea.. I would have done the same thing: exchanging my curtain, we both love bright colors! Otherwise so moody!

Hey, show me the cocks & penises soon k! I heard it is "The Thing" in Japan. WOmen are crazy about it!

Hey you class has so many Mat Salleh! Be careful with them k! They very easy one & take advantage with their smooth operator way... don't let them talk u into anything, specially drug k! Be careful!

1)DO NOT LEAVE your drink behind.
2)Always buy your own drink.
3)If someone is buying, must make sure the cap is removed in front of u!
4) Mix your own drink: less alcohol more mixer!
5) Just pls... take care of yourself ya! (If only if I can be there to nanny u! sigh... guess I am yr extreme sista!) Hahaha

Just be safe & don't attend those crazy mat salled home party k! It is all about drink & sex... nothing else! Jap gals kind of like it... but u are not Jap gals k!

Damn Cheong Hei... I can write a book on all the DONT & guess I should let go and let u learn! Just don't learn it the hard way k! Learn from other ppls' History & never repeat it again!

LOVE U LOVE U LOVE U! & PLS LOVE YOURSELF MORE K!

Shermayne C said...

AIYO jie such a long comment XD dont worry I always know what I'm doing <3

oh yea grace, it was south wing!! Muahahaha~

thanks ppl for reading! will upload more soon!

ching said...

HI SHERMYYYYY
I AM IN YOUR ROOM NOWWWWW
HELLO!!!!!!
YOU ARE SAYING "CUTE RIGHT???"
and you just shook D boy in front of me!
crazy lady!
looking forward to more siao daze!!