Friday, March 26, 2010

1st Day - スタット~GO!

The first day when I arrived Japan (25 Mar)

It's weird when everyone thought you are Japanese and starting speaking with you in a super-quick speed. That started even when I was on the plane. Luckily I got through it with my broken Jap. lol.

I'm glad that I actually called 3 and activated international roaming before I left Australia. Narita airport actually seemed very confusing to me. Couldn't even see an obvious payphone. Went straight to buy the bus ticket to Yokohama. The lady is the first person whom I spoke to in full Jap! Was shocked when she told me it takes 2 hours to Yokohama though.

That's the ticket.




So, I waited for the bus for about 10 min. It was FREEEEEZING~ 4'C only because it's raining. I regret for not packing more winter clothes. =(

Wanted to call my parents but remembered that it's rude to talk on the phone on public transport. I basicly slept throught the two hours because I was exhausted from the 16 hours+ of flight. Woke up seeing a hot Jap guy on the street though. Jap guys (only those who dress up properly) are so delicious =P Muahaha.

For the remaining 15 minutes before I reached the station, I have the thoughts that I was dreaming. Couldn't really believed that I'm really and finally in Japan - one of the leading countries in the world!


Chiharu's sister, Haruka was waiting for me and picked me up from the station. I actually recognized her first because she resembles Chiharu a lot, especially the sweet smile =) Finally got home after two rounds of transportation transfers. The house is in Yokosuka city though, an area even further than Yokohama. So in fact, Shermayne is not in Tokyo, yet!



♪ It's the first time I bought train ticket by myself! ♪



Sakamoto family is so sweet~ they prepared this for me ♥
Felt so warm although it was raining for the whole day. =)




But I think the pet, Rin-chan didn't like me. She barked and wanted to bite me =( Mama says that's because she's stress from the contraception operation.

Papa and mama (that's what I call them haha, so sweet right?) didn't speak English so I actually communicate with them in full Jap! Papa told Chiharu that my Japanese is good =P Well, ways to go though. I can imitate the accent but I know my grammar sucks. Haruka was trying to speak English with me but after a while she changed to Japanese as well. Chiharu wants me to speak English to her so that she can learn. I tried but she refused @@ I understand the feeling when a person has no confidence in a language and tries to escape it =) So I'll help her. 頑張ってね、陽花!

!!!Ohh by the way, you guys can't imagine what I've eaten these two days!!
Chiharu's mama is such a good cook! The food is very presentable as well. とってもおいしかったよ! Even though the food's homecook, they are HEAPS better than the restaurants in Melbourne/Malaysia. Will upload pictures of them tomorrow because everyone is sleeping right now. I should go =P

おやすみなさい!♥






4 comments:

Juen said...

SAPOOOOOOO. I MISS YOUUU. and i ENVY you man!!! hahahaha, please take those cute guys photos for me! prove to me that jap guys are actually good looking? hahahhha. jkjk. i think they look feminine? hahahahha.
ahhhh, take care of urself k! take photos!!! more photos! hahahahha.

SHERYL s.c. NG said...

Shermayne dear!!!

I have linked your blog to mine and I will check it regularly!!!

Great to know you have arrived in Japan safe and sound and the family is treating you well!!!

So proud of you, girl hehe xoxo

Keep exploring, keep learning and keep having fun!!!

And take more photos as well!!!

Missing you already!!!

Wei Chi said...

YO! seems like you having alot of fun!
all troubles fly away dy~~~~haha!
miss u dy!!!!! so not use to the melbourne without you!
AND! im graduated officially!!! yay~~~haha!
and i used the lipstick you bidded for me!! it was good! hehe!
oklah..i'll wait for your next post and comment again ok?!XD

charislah said...

hahaha. what's this kind of "sight-seeing" ah?! :P guess what? i was trying to find my mom the plc hymn book cause she was looking for the "make me a channel of your peace" song, and i found my autograph book! :D missed all you guys la. and btw you were so super cheong hei and lame in that message. heh. >:P lots of love and stress from down under. xxxxxx