Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Golden Week - NAGOYA 名古屋

(It's a long post, so click in & keep reading ^^)

4月29日 木曜日
It wasn't exactly golden week yet. Although 29/4 was a public holiday (Showa no hii), the next day was normal as usual. That wasn't the case for me though =P I skipped Friday class and decided to visit my Nagoya host mother from eight years ago! Call me a bad student, I don't care ♪ It's MY Golden Week! muahaha.

Although I'd confirmed everything with my host mother several times, I was still a bit worried during the trip to Nagoya. What if my phone battery died? What if they weren't at the station when I arrived? Worse still, when I got up the bus, I realized that I've forgotten to bring along the memory card for my camera! It's sitting happily in my laptop coz' I was deleting pictures the night before. =__=" After blaming myself of being so careless, I decided that I should get some sleep from the 5-hours bus trip. *dozed off*

I woke up and saw the text from Okaasan (my host mum). It was when I sighed in relief as they were already waiting for me at the station. ^^"~ I got excited, finally =D

Okaasan and Saori (my host sister) picked me up when my bus arrived. I recognized them instantly as okaasan didn't change much at all! And lucky for me, the station was located at the opposite of BicCamera, so I bought a memory card for my camera. I'm glad I got it coz' my previous card wouldn't have enough space for the whole trip.

My host father was in the car waiting for us. He didn't change much too except that he's gained a few kilos if compared to before. He was still as quiet and shy as before though. =)

Our first stop, Nagoya Castle.



Okaasan asked me if I'd visited Nagoya Castle and I said no coz I couldn't recall any images from it.
But when I stepped in, I thought I might have already been there with the exchange group coz some parts looked really familiar to me.

But I still had fun anyway ♥

お父さん&沙織


Took this really nice picture when I was eating ice-cream with Saori. ^^


It was about 5pm+ when we were done with the castle and we decided to go home!
All memories from eight years ago started flooding into my mind when I gradually see more and more familiar places! Lovin' the feeling ♥♥


The tallest building on the right is our house!
Now that I looked at it, it's considered quite big in comparison to any other ones in Tokyo lol.


And I met Arang, the cute-hyperactive pet.
He's really nice to me.
We rest for a little while.
Saw a family picture that I drew back then. It was still on the wall at the same spot! XD
Too embarassed to show it though.

Finally, it's dinner time!
My stomach was grumbling like a grumpy old lady. =P
We picked up Hiroki (my host brother) from a station nearby and proceed to a Japanese restaurant!



The food was so yummy~ ♥


***
I can't believe how time flies.
Had a big shock when I realized how much Hiroki and Saori grew.
It was just like yesterday when I was in Nagoya, playing with the two little kids.
They were only 8 and 3 back then.

Especially Hiroki, I remember him showing me his flag dance that he learnt from school. He was so shy and wouldn't dare to talk much to me though. But now he speaked with me like a grown gentleman!
 Apparently I looked at the albums and found out that I've missed the period where he became chubby and big, he's slimmed down a lot now. Oh, he's 16 now by the way.

We didn't talk too much during the recent visit too coz he was busy with school and clubs.
But we had a little chat on the last night before I left.
I told him I'm glad that both of us have the same interests/passion in Drama and we both like Maguro (a kind of fish) a lot. He laughed =)
And he blushed sometimes when I talk to him too. So cute ♥

As for Saori, I guess our relationship has grown so much during this trip and we were like good friends instead of sisters.

She was still so young when I first met her. She's 10 going on 11 now.


But now, she's grown so much taller and prettier!
Still as bubbly as before though. ^^ I guess that's why we clicked with each other.
Oh, and I'm very sure that she will become a heart-breaker in a few years time.
She has a really pretty face. ♥


4月30日 金曜日

My Nagoya trip was more like a gathering or reunion rather than travelling.
Okaasan called up people from eight years ago and also arranged a little reunion party for me.
How sweet~ ♥

In the morning/mid-afternoon, we went to a traditional tea ceremony and visited a shrine.
After that, I met up with Cha-dan for lunch. I haven't seen her in eight years, she became prettier. I guess time didn't pull her down. I remember that she made lunch box for me when I attended high school in Nagoya, and it was really colourful and tasty.


We had 文字焼 and お好み焼き for lunch!

After lunch, we bid goodbye coz there's another woman coming to the house to meet me =D

She brought her chubby little baby along~ oh no, but I forgot her name.
She was really nice and tried to speak Malay with me all the time.
There was when I realized that my Malay language level has decreased a lot, coz I needed time to think of some words. =(


Saori came home from her 遠足(school excursion) during our chat ☼




After the woman left, I helped okaasan for dinner.
Saori saw and stopped watching her cartoon.
"Min-min is helping? I wanna help too!", she said. XD
She has been calling me ミンミン (min ming, my chinese name) every minute.
I guess it's much easier for Japanese to call my chinese name instead of Shermayne, and it sounds cute too so I don't mind either way. ^^



*Dang dang dang dang ♪* Salad with maguro and ebi!

(From left: Ta-chan, Saori, Cha-dan, Kusu-kusu, Okaasan)

More and more people started coming at night and I was super excited to see all the old faces!

Most people was shocked seeing me, especially Kusu-kusu because she nearly couldn't recognize me.
They said I've turned into a pretty young lady. *Shy =^^= ☺

 It was are reunion filled with snacks and laughters.
Ooo, I taught them Mandarin too because I was helping Saori with her Chinese.
She's going to Taiwan for a short exchange during the summer holiday (Aug/Sept) all by herself!
Such a brave girl. =) Proud of her ♥


Grandma had to leave earlier though. I was teary when she left. =(
She reminded me of my grandma.
I always envy people who have a grandma or grandpa coz' I didn't get to enjoy those kind of love.
Well, I figured that I should seize every moment with someone I care rather than complaining and focusing on what other people have.


We had so much fun that we didn't realized that it's already nearly 12am.
The guests started leaving and I immediately took a bath and packed my belongings after that.
Couldn't afford missing the bus to Takayama in the next morning.


Took a lovely picture with my host bro and sis ♥

Saori wanted to sleep with me that night.
I was too tired and slept immediately.
I think she was expecting me to talk to her though. =P ごめんね!

---
We woke up early in the morning and went to the station.
Still had some time left so we walked around in the station.


One of the last few pictures with Saori.


Felt heavy hearted leaving them but I'm sure we'll meet sometime soon!
Hopefully I could visit them again before I leave Japan.
Okaasan texted me and said she will bring me to Nara and play with deers if I'm going there again.

***
I was looking at the sceneries and recollecting memories..
The Nagoya trip surprised me because other than Saori and Hiroki, I realized that I've grown up a lot too.
I could only speak a few Japanese words back then and my host family and I had to communicate in pieces of Jap/Eng. But now I have no problem speaking in Jap to them. =D
Also, I read the cards and letters which I sent to them throughout these years. My english was so shockingly poor back then! There were so many obvious grammar mistakes and wrong expressions etc. Well, not that my english is perfect now but at least I've improved =)
During the exchange in 2003, I didn't get to talk much with my host father as he was too busy with work and I didn't see him for a few days during my short stay. This time I got to interact with him and found out that he's actually really nice and helpful. He's just like my dad, strict and stern from the outside but actually soft and kind in the inside. ^^

After an hour or so, I packed up my feelings and got ready for the real Golden week trip!

Next stop, Takayama!


Woohoo!
≈♪♫♪≈

0 comments: