Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shermayne left Japan.. =(

It's the end of the exchange..
I've probably used up my 5 years of tears saying goodbyes to people I love.
They made the trip so wonderful and worthwhile. I'm so glad that I made the decision to go to Japan, would not have met these awesome people if I didn't.

I'm in Melbourne now.
I met this middle-age Japanese guy who sat next to me on the plane. He thought that I was a Japanese and started speaking Jap to me when he sat down. He said I look totally like a Japanese and he remembered that I was saying 'sumimasen' to someone before boarding (which I didn't realize at all). I was surprised but am glad that I had the opportunity to practise my Jap one last time before I start my new semester.

Had to attend classes not long after I arrive Melbourne in the morning. Going to classes in Melb uni and not bumping into DK friends are weird. Adapting to the previous system is difficult too =( and tiring.
I wish I had more time and I wish I had a short break.

My brother moved into a new house and it's still on renovation, so basicly the house has nothing. It's muddy and dirty as the landscape is not done yet. Furniture will only arrive 2 months later. Moreover the house is far away from my university and I need to wake up even earlier than when I was in Japan. Feels kinda discouraged getting home to a place which is not exactly a 'home' yet. I wish everything was already done and I wish I could just focus on getting back on track and focus on my last semester of university. I guess I need to go through this with my brother to ensure that we will create a better living environment for not only us, but our family too. Hopefully everything will become worthwhile in the end =)
Feel like crying everytime I recall the sweet moment in Japan. Have to deal with reverse cultural shock too. I need some encouragements and motivation to move me on.

I really miss Japan, and the people.

1 comments:

Teacher Jude said...

I should have just left a message here. I ran out of spaces to write on the shoutout box. I shall pray for you as you go through this transition period. Remember that God is always with you whether or not you notice it. He will make you strong and give you strngth. Cheer up, beautiful girl! I know it's going to be tough, but bad times past and good times come^^ You can always go back to Japan to vist and I am sure you will be able to meet friends you made there as well. Let's go travel together one day, ya?