Saturday, June 26, 2010

G.W. Day 4 Back to Takayama =D




5月4日 火曜日 晴れ

We were back in Takayama!
Stayed there for another night before we concluded our Golden Week trip.
And of course, we stayed in the same backpack hotel again because it's cheap and the people are nice ♥
We got the same room as last time~

Put down our luggage and we started exploring again ^^
It was Hida Sosha Festival (the annual festival of the grand sanctuary enshrining most guardian gods of Hida) and Kinzojishi (Kinzo lion dance) that day.

 We went to the shrine where they started their parade.



It was too warm and we didn't think we could be able to watch the whole parade under the scorching sun, so we went on a walk instead. ^^




Saw this outside someone's house. So cute!

We walked to one of the famous shrines in Takayama


Weather was too hot so we bought ice-cream >v<


And then,

we visited a museum about 昭和Showa period (1926-1989).
It's one of the coolest museums I've ever been in Japan because I felt like I was back to childhood again!


Took picture with this cute little girl who reminded me of Rachel Liang 梁文音(a taiwanese singer)


Perhaps the oldest model of Karaoke?!


I had an Ultraman alarm clock exactly like the one on the right when I was little!
Felt nostalgic~


A street during Showa period ^^
The museum's actually quite small but we had so much fun in there!


A classroom which looks exactly like those in my elementary school.


My classmates and I would chalked on the blackboard everyday in the morning, and quickly erased them just when the bell rang.. =)


Cinema in the Showa period


Hehe.. it's a ciggarette candy! XD was very popular among us back in the old days!

懐かしい~ =v=


It was about evening when we were done with the museum..
By the way, I think I took a nice picture =D very jap-like.


and Yi-ching, haha.

Frozen mandarin! Best snack in a summer-like day!


We were lucky enough to witness the Kinzo lion dance!
I thought it was like Chinese lion dance but it wasn't what I expected.
The Kinzo lion dance is much slower and the melody was strange and not rhythmic.
It's kinda creepy and evil to me.. =P lol.


The lion went into each shophouses and blessed them with prosperity, I think.


The sun was setting so we decided to sit on a bench and enjoy the evening breeze and the colour of the sky.

I bought this at the Showa museum. The little thing which I played with a lot when I was a kid. (How to play with it: twist and set some of the liquid on the tube, then blow it and try to cover any holes by pinching it with your fingers. You can make them into different shapes too)


Clearly my skills had become worse because I successed twice only after 10+ attempts.
It was fun though.


Qian realised that she sat on my 'balloon' when she stood up. Funny moment lol.




It was a beautiful day to revive childhood memories...


And then, my camera batteries died. =(

We passed this Yukata/Kimono shop and went in to have a look. Turned out that Qian and me bought a Yukata each XD We tried it on and it's just too pretty. I've always wanted to get a Yukata for the Tanabata festival in July anyway ^^ so it's worth spending the $

After that we went to the Ramen restaurant which we wanted to go two days ago.
The ramen was two thumbs up!!~ ♥♥

Had a good night rest and enjoyed our last moments in Takayama. Took a bus in a morning and we returned to Tokyo..the feeling's just so different and I felt weird not seeing much green.


My お土産 from Takayama and Shirakawago =)
Spent a lot, but the experience was worthwhile ^^


No more holiday for me until September... Time to study and play hard!

4 comments:

Teacher Jude said...

your lovely camera is really doing a good job because the colour looks like a pro camera! certainly you have taken a lot of nice photos, i really love them...

Shermayne C said...

The techniques of the photographer are very important too.. =P Hehehe~

Unknown said...

Hi!
Shermayne this is certainly the most sympatic post about Takayama i have ever read :) And i read a lot of posts about Takayama. Love the photos and the reminiscence of your childhood. There are similiarities to mine. A cigarete candy ;) Thank you for this. Really nice. I hope you don't mind, but i posted on my facebook hidatakayama page a link to your post. I want others to read it too.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hida-Takayama/114139668612223

byebye!

Shermayne C said...

Thank you!
Takayama is a cool place to visit! I definitely recommend that! ^^